Monday, October 1, 2007

Tears on the way home.

Paano ako magsisimulang magdamdam ulit? (And how I hate romanticizing emotions... But here goes.)

This is what I learned in Philosophy class today... I had just one class. And it made me cry while driving home.

1. Apathy - separating oneself from the situation.

Terms like, "Ewan ko", "Bahala na", "Kebs!", "Ano ngayon?" just show that you've given up from a responsibility or a decision.

When you want something, you sometimes become apathetic. This means you think you're weak. And that you don't want to do anything because you're afraid to be wrong.

You don't care because you think you can't do anything. Helplessness will lead you to apathy.

No feelings, no action. You just don't want to care.

2. Apathy - comes from a wrong view of who you are. (Weak, nothing...)

3. Apathy - comes from how you look at yourself (Learned helplessness)

The situation feels too big for you.

You are scared...

Because you are scarred.

Apathy happens when you've felt something you don't want to feel.

You've been a victim of something and you didn't choose for things to happen to you that way.

(Why am I contented with being scarred and scared?)

Then, religion comes in...

Religion asks how do you see yourself.

"I shall be known as you are known" - St. Augustine

Religion gives you a mirror image of yourself.

Your true self... is your sacred self.

And you're way out of this, is compassion. Not compassion for others...

But compassion for yourself.

4. Compassion for yourself is the root for the compassion for others...

This is where I went wrong.

Fighting for what you want is overrated. So I started to want nothing.

What's the difference with the Jay now from the one before? I look in the yearbook and just marvel at how much I've changed. I miss being the way I was. I actually knew how to love, then. So what's the difference?
I've become apathetic. (I was scarred... Then, I'm scared. And I don't feel anymore.)

What was it that I had then that worked me on to the point of content?
God.

I just can't believe the reminder came Philosophically instead of Theologically.

I think it's about time for me to feel... My heart had been in bed for the longest time.

And I started to feel on the way home.

Great.

Got this from a random site:
"And if somebody loves you / won't they always love you?"
--Where Do Broken Hearts Go?, Whitney Houston

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Regurgitate it, please.